The Electric House - Dudbridge Hill 1931
Posted by on January 01 1970 00:02:13
In March 1931 the West Gloucestershire Power Company in association with local electrical contractors set up a demonstration house in Dudbridge Hill showing the latest uses of electricity. Today we take a constant supply of electricity for granted, but in 1931 many parts of the Stroud area did not have an electricity supply and the West Gloucestershire Power Company was expanding its supply network.
The advert below was published in the Stroud Journal in 1928.
The house used for the demonstration was built by W E Beard of London Road, Stroud and is shown in the picture below.